OCCUPATIONAL MEDICINE AND TOXICOLOGY, QUESTIONS
- Occupational allergic rhinitis.
Intoxication with cyanides.
- Extrinsic allergic alveolitis (chronic form).
Antidotes for intoxications.
- Coal worker’s pneumoconiosis.
Intoxication with paracetamol, benzodiazepines, morphine, antidepressants (tricyclic, SSRI).
- Diseases due to asbestos (non-malignant and malignant).
Intoxication with ethanol, ethylene glycol and methyl alcohol.
- Deterministic effects of ionizing radiation (acute radiation syndrome, dermatitis, cataract, sterility). Acids and alkalis, first aid after ingestion and contamination of the skin and the eyes.
- Intoxication with pesticides (organophosphates, carbamates, rodenticides).
Occupational diseases. Definition, list of occupational diseases, legislation, compensation, socio-legal aspects.
- Intoxication with organic solvents (general symptoms, toluene, trichloroethylene, perchloroethylene, gasoline).
Occupational preventive care. Preventive examinations of workers performing hazardous jobs.
- Intoxications with organic solvents (general symptoms, benzene, carbon tetrachloride, chloroform).
Diseases due to physical overload of extremities.
- Intoxication with carbon monoxide.
Hallucinogens: psychedelics (classical hallucinogens), deliriants, dissociatives. Mechanism, psychological and physiological effects, toxicity, treatment
- Endangerment by occupational disease, legislation, socio-legal aspects. Biological exposure tests.
Intoxication with mushrooms (A. phalloides, A. pantherina, Psilocybe, Cortinarius).
- Occupational peripheral neuropathy (toxic - carbon disulfide, methylalcohol; due to overload, due to vibrations).
Recreational drugs. Sympatomimetic toxidrome. Serotonin syndrome.
- Diseases due to vibrations.
Intoxication with mercury, health risks, prevention.
- Intoxication with lead, health risks, prevention.
Occupational skin diseases (allergic and non-allergic), diagnostics and management.
- Acute damage of the airways and lungs due to irritants (chlorine, nitrogen oxides, gasoline, metals).
Intoxication with methemoglobinizing chemicals.
- Extrinsic allergic alveolitis (acute form).
Occupational cancer (chemical, physical, IARC classification).
- Occupational asthma.
Noise-induced hearing loss.
- First aid in acute intoxications, indication and contra-indications of charcoal. Material Safety Data sheets. Toxicological information Centre.
Benign pneumoconiosis - welder´s lung. Metal fume fever.
Contamination with radionuclides. Diagnostics, external decontamination of patients, personal protective equipment, treatment.