OCCUPATIONAL MEDICINE AND TOXICOLOGY, QUESTIONS 2012-13
- Allergic occupational diseases (rhinitis,
Intoxication with cyanides. Intoxication with carbon monoxide.
- Extrinsic allergic alveolitis (acute and chronic
Antidotes for intoxications.
- Silicosis and coal worker’s pneumoconiosis.
Intoxication with paracetamol, benzodiazepins, morphine, antidepresives (tricyclic, SSRI).
- Diseases due to asbestos (non-malignant and
Intoxication with ethanol, ethylene glycol and methyl alcohol.
- Deterministic effects of ionizing radiation
(acute radiation syndrome, dermatitis, cataract, sterility). Diagnostics,
dose estimation and treatment.
Acids and alkalis, first aid after ingestion and contamination of the skin and the eyes. Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) of chemical products. Toxicological Information Centre.
- Intoxication with pesticides (organophosphates,
Noise-induced hearing loss.
- Intoxication with organic solvents (general
symptoms, toluene, trichloroethylene, perchloroethylene, gasoline).
Occupational preventive care. Preventive examinations of workers performing hazardous jobs.
- Intoxications with organic solvents (general
symptoms, benzene, carbon tetrachloride, chloroform).
Diseases due to physical overload of extremities.
- Occupational cancer (physical and chemical
factors, IARC classification).
Hallucinogens: psychedelics (classical hallucinogens), deliriants, dissociatives. Mechanism, psychological and physiological effects, toxicity, treatment.
- Endangerment by occupational disease,
legislation, socio-legal aspects. Biological exposure tests.
Intoxication with mushrooms (A. phalloides, A. pantherina, Psilocybe, Cortinarius).
- Occupational peripheral neuropathy (toxic –
carbon disulfide, methylalcohol; due to overload, due to vibrations).
Recreational drugs. Mechanism of neurotoxicity. Sympatomimetic toxidrome. Serotonin syndrome. Clinical symptoms, treatment.
- Diseases due to vibrations.
Intoxication with mercury and its compounds, health risks, prevention.
- Intoxication with lead, health risks, prevention.
Skin occupational diseases (allergic and non-allergic) and their diagnostics and management.
- Acute damage of the airways and lungs due to
irritants (chlorine, nitrogen oxides, gasoline, metals).
Intoxication with methemoglobinizing chemicals.
- Contamination with radionuclides. Diagnostics,
methods of external decontamination of patients, personal protective
First aid in acute intoxications, indication and contra-indications of charcoal.
- Occupational diseases. Definition, list of
occupational diseases, legislation, compensation, socio-legal aspects.
Toxic damage of the liver and kidneys (by chemicals, drugs, mushrooms).